By submitting your personal data to us, you will be treated as having given your permission – where necessary and appropriate – for disclosures referred to in this policy.
1. Your Personal Data
Examples of Personal Data that you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us):
- Your name, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you;
- Information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our website.
2. Collection of Personal Data
Generally, Gearscoot.com collects your Personal Data in the following ways:
- When you purchase a product
- When you register an account on our website
- When you submit a request that we contact you
- When you respond to our promotions and other initiatives
- When we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of spouse, children, parents, employees and/or authorized representatives), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products you have purchased.
3. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Generally, Gearscoot.com collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To process your purchases on our website
- To provide and deliver the goods which you have purchased
- To maintain your account with us
- To verify and process your personal particulars and payments
- Responding to requests and enquiries
- Sending you details of products, special offers and discounts, which may be of interest to you
4 Disclosure of Personal Data
Gearscoot.com takes reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, this Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following third parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
- Vendors or any third party service providers who provide and deliver products to customers
- Anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties
- Relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority; and
- Any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your personal data
5. Personal Payment Security
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. As a trusted eCommerce platform for many online businesses, your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store.
- To improve your user experience on this website;
- To remember your preferences;
- To help us understand how this website is performing;
- To monitor traffic to the website;
- To enable this website to function properly
7. Links to Third-Party Sites
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties, such as our business partners. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to our website. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of such third party websites.
Once you have left our website, we encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties by checking the applicable terms, conditions and policies of the third party website to determine how they will handle any information they collect from you.
8. Your Consent
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or country of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or country of residence to use this site.
9. Withdrawal, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control by submitting your request to us on our website, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Gearscoot.com LLC at 1250 Borregas Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
We will process your request within a reasonable time from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, and will thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data in the manner stated in your request.
However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In this regard, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal data, it may mean that we will not be able to continue with your existing relationship with us.
10. Updates on Data Protection Policy
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your personal data, we will be reviewing and amending our policies, procedures and processes from time to time. You are encouraged to visit the above website from time to time to ensure that you are well informed of our latest policies in relation to personal data protection.
11. Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, submit a feedback, or simply want more information, please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at support (at) gearscoot.com or by mail to Gearscoot.com at Borregas Ave, Sunnyvale, CA
12. Governing Law