Schwinn Monroe Single-Speed Electric Bike Review
The Schwinn Bicycle Company is a dominant bike manufacturer of regular bikes throughout the entire 20th century. Up to this day, Schwinn didn’t falter to keep up with the changing consumer demands.
One of its offerings in its huge selection of men and women’s bikes is the Schwinn Monroe Single-Speed Electric Bike, which is its 54cm and Small Frame model. It is with a limited lifetime warranty for its fork and frame and two years for electric parts and battery.
Schwinn Monroe e-Bike Main Features
- Designed for casual riders who want to enjoy cycling without the challenges. Suggested rider height range for the 56 centimeters /Medium frame is 5 feet 7 inches - 5 feet 10 inches
- Perfect for pavement, the Monroe 250 and its sleek aluminum fixie-style frame are designed for the urban jungle
- Customize your ride with the 250-watt hub-drive pedal-assist motor with a thumb pad controller and LED display
- Single speed drivetrain is easy to use. Tetra mechanical disc brakes with motor cutoff levers provide crisp all-condition stopping wherever the ride takes you
- Electric bike specific 35 millimeters wide tires have Rhino Skin puncture protection for added durability. Schwinn quality sport seat and cushy comfort-ribbed grips add crucial comfort at key bike touch points
If you’re a casual rider or someone new to electric biking, you might want to invest on this one-speed model, and later level up to faster e-bikes. It can be for you if you’re looking to enjoy cycling without the anticipated challenges like hard to adjust controls.
However, this particular item is suitable for users at most 5’5” to 5’8” tall. As beyond that height range, users might struggle in maneuvering the bike even if it is just a one-speed model.
It is because this item is a small-framed bike ideal for average size and height riders. Don’t worry, as on this site you will find large framed e-bikes as well as one from this model is available in sizes small to extra large.
The Monroe 250 is made of sleek and lightweight aluminum, making it perfect for pavements or sidewalks. But then, do note it’s designed for the city jungle for its fixie styled frame.
Also, this bike allows for ride customization, offering a pedal-assist motor with a thumb pad as well as a LED display. For enhanced safety, it is also with Tektro mechanical disc brakes plus motor cutoff levers, offering smooth stopping all the time.
Schwinn Monroe Electric Bike Video Reviews
Schwinn Monroe 250 Video Review - $1.2k Affordable, Lightweight, Single Speed Electric Bike
https://electricbikereview.com/ The Schwinn Monroe 250 is a lightweight, very affordable, name-brand electric bicycle available in three frame sizes for improved ...
Schwinn Monroe 350 Video Review - $1.5k Zippy Single Speed Ebike, Larger Battery Capacity
https://electricbikereview.com/schwinn/monroe-350/ The Schwinn Monroe 350 is a tough, well-balanced, affordably priced, single-speed electric bike from a well ...
The Monroe 250 is the urban jungle one-speed electric bike that is best suited for casual riders who want nothing but a smooth ride and simplicity. Ride your way across towns and the city aboard this easy to use hybrid e-bike!
- Comes in 3 frame sizes
- Solid 250 Watt motor
- Durable aluminum body
- Solid mechanical disc brakes
- 35 millimeter wide tires with puncture protection
- Not the cheapest e bike in its class
- LED Display is rather minimalist
- Limited lifetime warranty on both the fork and frame