Swagtron T5 Hoverboard Review
Swagtron is a company that’s fast becoming synonymous with cheap yet fully certified hoverboards. It is one of the few companies that sells a fully 2272 certified hoverboard for under $400. That said, how good is the Swagtron T5 Hoverboard compared to the similarly priced competition? We will attempt to answer this and other questions most people may have about the T5 in this review.
What to Expect?
The Swagton T5 weighs just 18 lbs and measures a mere 7 x 3.8 by 24 inches which is about the same as any other hoverboard sold. The T5 tops out at around 7 miles per hour and can travel 7 miles on a single charge. Average charging time is an hour to full charge.
Inside the Swagtron T5 hoverboard is powered by two 200-watt motors, i.e., one for each wheel. Those who are new to hoverboards can use the ‘learner’ mode.
The battery pack is well shielded with multilayer protection which we assume will make it scratch, heat and impact resistant. Though we wouldn’t advise that you treat any hoverboard too roughly.
Build Quality and Ride Quality
The build quality of the Swagtron T5 is fine. It isn’t made from premium materials like more expensive models. However, these aren’t low-quality materials either. They should hold up well to regular wear and tear. Also, the occasional crash shouldn’t break it.
Ride quality isn’t any different from dozens of hoverboards we’ve tested. However, having a motor for each wheel certainly balances out the ride. That said newbie hoverboard enthusiasts will still have to learn how to balance and may encounter a few crashes too. Lucky for them the max of 7mph isn’t dangerous which incidentally also makes it great for kids and young adults alike.
Should you Buy it?
The one gripe we have with the Swagtron T5 is its limited features. It isn’t as feature-filled as the competition. However, as far as self-balancing scooters go in this range, it still manages to hold its own making it a good choice for beginners and kids.
The upsides include it being easier to carry, lightweight and having all the necessary safety certifications. The use of fire-resistant materials adds an extra layer on safety. Plus, the battery pack and other aspects of the board are well insulated. So, you’re not going break it anytime soon which is something we can’t say for other competing boards in this price range.
SWAGTRON T5 Hoverboard – Main features
- FOR RIDERS OF EVERY LEVEL - Learning Mode restricts speed for safe practicing while Standard Mode lets you roll freely
- SAFE SPEED FOR YOUNG RIDERS - This 2-wheel self-balancing scooter has a max. speed of about 7 mph
- NEW FEATURES - The Turbo Five has been updated to include; battery indicators and a learning mode for new riders.
- PERFECT FOR LITTLE HANDS AND FEET - The T5 motorized scooter handles riders up to 187.4 lbs & weighs just 18.9 lbs
- LOOK COOL WHILE YOU RIDE - The T5's compact design features a unique, modern emblem on each of its pedals
- FOR RIDERS OF EVERY LEVEL – Learning Mode restricts speed for safe practicing while Standard Mode lets you roll freely
- SAFE SPEED FOR YOUNG RIDERS – This 2-wheel self-balancing scooter has a max. speed of about 7 mph
- NEW FEATURES – The Turbo Five has been updated to include; battery indicators and a learning mode for new riders.
- PERFECT FOR LITTLE HANDS AND FEET – The T5 motorized scooter handles riders up to 187.4 lbs & weighs just 18.9 lbs
- LOOK COOL WHILE YOU RIDE – The T5’s compact design features a unique, modern emblem on each of its pedals
SWAGTRON T5 Hoverboard Video Reviews
Swagtron T5 - Best Youth Hoverboard
SWAGTRON T5 Hoverboard: https://shopabit.com/product/swagtron-t5-hoverboard/ Cruising along at 7 miles per hour for up to 7 miles the Swagtron T5 is the ...
SWAGTRON T5 Hoverboard in action
One of the hottest gifts this holiday season is a hoverboard. For obvious reasons, they are just unbelievably awesome. We had the privilege of testing a ...
- UL Certified battery
- Top speed: 7 mph
- Top range: 7 miles
- Weight: 18.9 lbs
- System and battery indicators
- Max. weight of the rider: 187.4 lbs
- No extra features such as headlights or bluetooth
- Not suitable for teenagers and adults above 187 lbs